Obesity is a global scale problem which is intimately related to Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus (T2DM). It has been estimated that 85% of obese adults also suffer from T2DM.
Allium’s Gastro-duodenal sleeve (GDS) aims to provide a safe and highly effective treatment for both Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus (T2DM) and obesity by creating an internal bypass in the small intestine, thus mimicking the effects of Rou-en-Y gold standard bariatric surgery, without surgery.
The GDS composes of the gastroduodenal sleeve and an intragastric anchor.
The sleeve, positioned in the proximal small intestine, functions as a barrier that restricts caloric absorption by the intestinal walls and prevents chyme from mixing with the gastric juices. This result with significantly improved diabetic values followed by significantly reduced caloric absorption and weight loss.
The anchor, positioned in the stomach, utilizes the natural structure of the gastrointestinal tract, with the restriction provided by the pyloric valve, to prevent migration of the device.
- High efficacy. Dramatic improvement in Hb1AC values (Diabetes indicators) expected within two weeks
- Minimally invasive and reversible. Easy and safe insertion and removal; Significant reduction of complications, side effects and pains associated with surgery and anesthesia; Shorter recovery time
- Ability to keep the sleeve flexibility and mechanical strength during long indwelling time in harsh and active environments
- Increased patient population and affordable to many more patients
- Does not interfere with normal gut functioning and does not require severe lifestyle changes
- Restrictive as well as mal-absorptive